a lot of times a day goes by without much excitement. today was one of those days. i was broke out of my sweet dream at 6:30 by a phone call from a sponsor who told me that her flight got cancelled and the visit had to be postponed. that sure woke me up. but eventually everything worked out. that was probably the only thing that came near “excitement” today.
BUT there has never been a day that isn’t an adventure, right? when you walk with God, you always have stories to tell with your family or friends over dinner table. sometimes you cry and some other times you laugh over those experiences. so this evening, i am going to count the blessings God has poured over me since the weekend:
1) internet at home. now i don’t have to sit in a room full of boys playing online games or paying 80 baht at a coffee shop to use the free wi-fi
2) manna’s phone call and the talk we had
3) the walk in the sun at 1:30 in the afternoon. it was blazing hot. but i was thankful for a glass of lime shake. ah, so refreshing. and also fried rice with pork and omelet as dinner.
4) mom’s phone call and the comfort she brought with her voice
5) sweet memories from the past
6) “her mother’s hope” by francine rivers and “prayer” by philip yancey
7) God’s provision. i basically have a very tight budget towards the end of the month but He has proved Himself again faithful. this morning, my friend called me at 7:30 offering me a ride to the office. at lunch, the whole department went out for lunch together and we didn’t have to pay anything. in the evening, another friend of mine picked me up by the street and dropped me off at a place so close to my apartment that i didn’t have to pay for the truck ride at all. God is GOOD.
8 ) the relationship between me and my “friends” at work, especially the ones in my department.
9) the smell of the rain and the earth
10) the rumbling thunder and dark clouds although it hasn’t poured yet
11) my friends’ e-mails of encouragement
12) hope for the future and assurance that God has everything in control
14) this blog space, a place where i can be myself and write whatever i want without having to worry if i’ll get rejected by a publisher
15) the word of God that is so refreshing and so enlightening. every time i read it, it never feels or looks or tastes the same.
16) Jesus’ everlasting love that is stronger than a fortress and fiercer than the firecest army on earth. He is the comparative form of the superlative adjectives – the more than the most of everything.
17) the Holy Spirit’s guidance…the wisdom He bestows…the protection He provides when i fall into temptation…and the forever-welcoming arms to receive me when i run home.
18) and to top it all up, the jazz music i’m listening to right now while listening to the splash of rain outside my window. somehow the combination of jazz and rain delight my heart.
19) oh, and last one, a cup of plain milk with chocolate nesquick powder…one word “mmm” =D
there, that’s God’s blessings for me. what about you? do you have a list? let’s count His blessings together! 🙂